Exercise and Sport Science
The department's overall objective is to develop men and women of sound mind, body, and spirit who will have an influence upon society in developing healthy lifestyles of mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical wellness and being. In order to succeed in our mission, the Department of Exercise and Sport Science is committed to the following three major goals:
1. Instill in each university student habits and attitudes that will promote a healthy lifestyle and positive self-image.
2. Prepare Exercise and Sport Science majors who will:
• Have a working knowledge of the vital importance of fitness and wellness and its impact upon society.
• Be able to teach motor skills and their application within our culturally diverse environment.
• Develop skills and values necessary for success professionally and personally.
• Have an understanding of how the Principles and Philosophy of Exercise and Sport Science coincide and complement the Doctrine of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Programs and Degrees
• B.S. Exercise and Sport Science - Health & Wellness/Exercise Science
• B.S. EXS/Physical Education Certification
• Coaching Minor